We found the cat!

It’s amazing! A miricle, even! Our cat, Joy, who has been missing for almost two months now simply showed up tonight! Kim saw her in the garage and pursued her out the cat door to the yard where we nabbed her and brought her inside. She went in without a struggle and certainly seemed to recognise us and the other cat. In fact, she acted as if nothing had changed at all, as if she had never left. She’s currently out bathing herself out in the living room. We’re all very happy she’s back, since I think most of us in the family had secretly given up hope that we’d ever see her again. She’s been a part of the family for over ten years, so this is big news and thus it merrits a news post. She’s in good health and we’re not letting her out of the house again for at least a week!

10 Responses to “We found the cat!”

1. Annie says:

Hooray for found cats! I’m glad someone else is having a good day too. Yup. My cat sure is happy to see me. Poor kitty, all alone for a grand total of 5 days. I got all the love.

2. Chris says:

Testing

3. Dad says:

Yay! 🙂 I’m really happy to hear that Joy’s back!

I hope Joy enjoyed her vacation!

Dad

4. MuddMonkey says:

Sweet. Hazaa for joy.
    But wait, if it wasn’t your cat I ate… hmmm….

5. Gwang says:

Chris!! I’ve never had a cat but I imagine it would be exciting to find a lost cat! I saw a Disney Toontown commercial on TV a couple of days ago and I shouted (silently in my head): “Self, Chris works for those people!!” 🙂 How cool is that! By the way, the comment above the comment box, “Please note that any HTML tags will not be interpreted from your comments, so don’t try anything cute” makes absolutely no sense to me, so nothing to worry there! But!!!! I do know how to eat DNA spaghetti: ***With a replication fork!!!*** Ah ha ha ha ha I’m too funny!!!!!

6. Chris says:

Grace, you crack me up. Anyone else out there get that one?
    Where’d you see the TV spot? What channel? When?

-= Chris

7. Annie says:

Hey! That’s funny! Took me a minute though.. it’s like the chromosone sex joke- which I love! But I think I read it here so I won’t repeat it.

8. Gwang says:

Chris!!!!! Yes! I saw the commercial on Disney Channel about a week ago at some time during the day. It showed these cute animals/people running around, and at one point they were at this outdoor place doing a choreographed dance! It looked very neat! Ok here’s another lame joke for you! It’s not nearly as good as a science joke, but that’s ok. What does a one leggeged ballerina wear. A one one!! Ahhhhh!!

9. Gwang again says:

Chris! To honor your fabulous computer scientist-ness, I found a nerdy computer science joke!!!

Five English gentlemen and one American computer programmer are walking along the Thames, discussing terms of venery. (Terms of venery are names for groups of animals, such as “pod” of whales or “exaltation” of larks.) They see three English prostitutes, and wonder what the term of venery is for them.
    The first English gentleman says, “A fanfare of strumpets.”
    The second says, “No, it’s a trey of tarts.”
    The third says, “No, a volume of Trollope’s.” [Trollope was an essayist.]
    The fourth says, “Nope, a pride of loins.”
    The fifth says, “No, I say it’s an anthology of English prose.”
    And the programmer says, “It’s a string of cache misses.”

10. Chris says:

That was so amazingly nerdy, and I’m totally ashamed to admit that I got the joke. =)